S
E
B
A
R
Two Fold Origami Fish
February 18th, 2011 by Craftylocks

This fish takes just TWO FOLDS! Once the children have those two folds mastered they can make and ocean full of fish. Give them lots of different sizes of square paper to make a school of fish. The two folds only need to be approximately as marked in the pictures.

The first fold is on an angle, the line that is folded is drawn here.
Once it is folded it looks like this.
The second, and final fold, is along the line marked.
This is the back off the fish after both folds have been made.
Turn it over and it is starting to look rather fishy.
Completely fishy now!
Bookmark and Share

7 Responses
Sowmya writes:
May 17th, 2012 at 6:00 am

I was looking for something to work with the craft paper for a while.I think I found it! !!!!
Thank you very bery much.

Craftylocks writes:
March 31st, 2011 at 1:28 am

Thanks for your comment Sandra – I have since corrected my post to include that the paper should be square. And irregular fish are by far the best – much more character. But if you really want regular ones, make a few for practice, they do not take long – and then they will make a real splash!

sandra writes:
March 31st, 2011 at 12:45 am

Hi thank you so much!!
Just a question, the paper must be a square? I try with a normal size paper A4 but doesn’t work. With a square paper works better but isn’t so regular like yours!
Thank you!
Sandra

creativejewishmom/Sara writes:
March 16th, 2011 at 11:51 am

love this sweet fish idea, and great to see you! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

Craftylocks writes:
March 13th, 2011 at 1:18 am

I am so glad that you like this too. I was so excited with how simple these were to make:-).

Maria writes:
March 12th, 2011 at 8:56 am

This is great! My son just got goldfish and loves this project I just found a pattern for a felt stuffed goldfish too so it is a fishy day!
THANKS

Almost Unschoolers writes:
February 19th, 2011 at 7:45 am

You cannot imagine how perfect this is for us right now. We just read Lissy’s Friends by Grace Lin, and I was looking for origami easy enough my four year old could join in. This is terrific!