I do not subscribe to very many newsletters as I am usually too busy writing my own paper crafts for children newsletter. But one that I always make time to read is the one from Amber at kids craft weekly. Her latest newsletter was all about advent calendars and I loved them. She has kindly let me post one of her ideas here. I have posted it exactly as she wrote it in her newsletter.
This is a really simple and cute advent calendar. We’ve used potato prints to decorate the envelopes but you could make it even more simple by buying some Christmas stamps or stickers and letting your little ones go crazy with the embellishments!
You will need
• small envelopes
• stickers or paint to decorate
• miniature pegs
• advent activities, sweets or trinkets to put inside
1. Decorate some miniature envelopes using potato prints or stickers. Whatever you choose to do, keep it simple as you will have to repeat it 24 times!
2. Number the envelopes from 1 to 24 and enclose an advent activity and a sweet or trinket in each envelope.
3. String some colourful string along a wall or mantle and use mini pegs to hang the envelopes from the line.
For some other festive crafts check out the Christmas Paper Crafts for Children list.