S
E
B
A
R
Hand and Scrunched Tissue Paper Tree
May 7th, 2010 by Craftylocks

hand-tissue-treeTake children’s hand shapes and create a forest.

Paper crafts using children’s hands shapes are a great buzz for them. They get to make something cool and integral to the whole thing is their hand.

This time trace around part of the arm as well to make the trunk, the fingers will be the branches. Trace the shape onto brown paper and glue that onto your background paper. Then chop up lots of autumn or fall colored tissue paper into small pieces. Scrunch the bits of tissue paper up, dunk them in a bit of glue and then pop onto the tree.

hand-tissue-tree1 hand-tissue-tree-close

You could also make a spring version of the tree and use pink and white tissue paper. If you like using tissue paper like this then check out Blossoming Tissue Tree for another idea.

There are more paper crafts for children for this season at Autumn or Fall Crafts for Children

Bookmark and Share

23 Responses
Decoro autunnale fai da te per bimbi con carta velina* Fall Decor DIY for kids with tissue paper | Caseperlatesta writes:
September 24th, 2014 at 11:14 pm

[...] via papercraftsforchildren Share this:FacebookEmailGoogleTwitterPinterest [...]

Craftylocks writes:
April 4th, 2014 at 9:15 pm

I hope you both have fun trying it out.
Regards,
Sarah

victoria writes:
March 7th, 2014 at 12:26 am

very good i want 2 lern for my son

Craft Hand and Scrunched Tissue Paper Tree | writes:
April 26th, 2013 at 11:47 am

[...] the craft project here: http://www.papercraftsforchildren.com/2010/05/07/hand-and-scrunched-tissue-paper-tree/ google_ad_client = "pub-7370383088216259"; google_ad_width = 250; google_ad_height = 250; [...]

Rob the Rookie writes:
March 19th, 2013 at 2:04 pm

This ‘Hand Tree’ was sent in by Agnes.
“This was made partially by my 4 year old son, for the birthday of his grandfather.”

Hand Tree

Thanks Agnes, Rob.

Craftylocks writes:
February 4th, 2012 at 12:14 am

So glad you like it – I hope the kids have fun with it. You are so right with it being easy for young children but still a very neat result which they can be proud of. Thanks for the feedback.

Tracy writes:
January 23rd, 2012 at 7:19 pm

This is a wonderful idea that I willdo with my clss. It is simple enough for young children,plus it is interesting ad the end product is great!!! I love this…!!!

10 Ways to Make Today Magical « A Magical Childhood writes:
November 15th, 2010 at 12:05 am

[...] Make some lovely hand and scrunched tissue trees like this from Paper Crafts for [...]

Craftylocks writes:
October 24th, 2010 at 11:33 pm

Myrnie I love your take on this craft, the leaves on the window are beautiful.

Craftylocks writes:
October 24th, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Thanks Cristina, I am happy that you found it useful:-).

Cristina writes:
October 24th, 2010 at 6:15 am
Myrnie writes:
October 21st, 2010 at 1:27 pm

What a great idea! We used part of our project in our autumn decorations with the kids :) http://iwonderwoman.blogspot.com/2010/10/kids-made-this-hand-sillouhette-window.html

El otoño. Claudia Deglioumini « Biblioabrazo writes:
October 15th, 2010 at 10:15 am

[...] Un pájaro carpintero que pica sin parar desde aquí.   Un divertido árbol con el brazo, desde aquí.          Hojas en papeles de colores desde aquí.        ! Nos encanta el OTOÑO!     [...]

Cristina writes:
October 14th, 2010 at 11:06 am

THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR GREAT IDEA
We are working in it ;-)
for now: http://manualescanigo.blogspot.com/2010/10/el-brazo-arbol.html

Best wishes from Barcelona

Cristina

Learn.Create.Love » Blog Archive » { Fall Tree Craft } writes:
October 7th, 2010 at 11:18 am

[...] Found it! Looks like this one was also originally posted at Paper Crafts for Children, though we did ours a bit differently. I love that site. [...]

They Played This Week! Ducks, Tissue Tree and a Book exchange! writes:
October 2nd, 2010 at 12:38 am

[...] A fun tissue and hand print tree craft. So easy to make and looks really great! [...]

Craftylocks writes:
October 1st, 2010 at 1:44 am

I think so too Carolyn – and it would not matter if the bits of paper were a bit loose, it would just be a wind-blown tree. There is also something very satisfying about screwing up bits of paper, and anything with a hand shape is a winner – I hope your kids have fun with it!

Carolyn writes:
September 29th, 2010 at 7:19 pm

I LOVE this idea…I am a preschool teacher and I think even the youngest of kids could do this project. Thank you for posting this awesome project!

Craftylocks writes:
May 17th, 2010 at 9:58 pm

Thanks Rachel, it will be exciting to see the tissue tree on http://www.oneprettything.com. Thinking about the seasons options, I think a pink and white tree for spring will look so pretty – I will have to do one too!

Rachel writes:
May 17th, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Ooh this is great! I’ll have to do this for all of the different seasons. Thanks so much, I’ll be linking.

Craftylocks writes:
May 11th, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Thanks Elizabeth, and I liked your suggestion on your forum that you could also use mini colored puff balls – I am thinking green cut out leave shapes and mini red puff balls = apple tree:-).

Elizabeth D. writes:
May 11th, 2010 at 9:17 am

I love this idea! What a fun and easy kids project! Thank you so much for the idea. I linked you on my craft forum here: http://www.missimagination.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15518#post15518

Hand and Scrunched Paper Tree · Lesson Plans @ CraftGossip writes:
May 11th, 2010 at 7:26 am

[...] project is so cute and perfect for many ages! Visit Paper Crafts for Children to see [...]